Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Adventures!!

Okay, I realize on a daily basis that I lead a quite un-adventurous life. My brother once even told me that he couldn't lead an "Amish existence" like Jon and I do. (Prior to that I didn't know that not having a TV and being economically frugal were qualifications for being Amish!) However, I'm excited to be able to say that we are breaking out of our boring lives this summer. We decided that before moving to a new place to settle down into several more years of graduate work for Jon, we needed to have a final fling this summer. So, we are taking a trip to China for 5 weeks, with a week-long stopover in Hawaii along the way. We bought the plane tickets today (which almost gave me a panic attack as I heard the total being charged!), and I am getting more and more excited!!!!!!!! (is that enough exclamations?!!!!)
Anyway, I just had to share that. It's nice at least to have some plans coming together as we continue to wait for final plans on our move, Jon's school, my internship, where we'll live, etc. etc. etc. Patience, I know, patience.
p.s. If anyone has any good advice/recommendations/stories about travel in China, let me know so we can take advantage of our time there.

4 comments:

Kasey and Jim said...

I went to China last summer. It was amazing!! We went to Shanghai, Xi'an, Chongchin, Beijing, Hong Kong, and did a river cruise up the Yangtze. It's an incredible experience and I'm sure you'll love it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Alyssa said...

I've been to many places, but never to China. I'm so jealous that you'll be on such a long trip! I'm excited for you guys and can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

Smileyhappychan said...

No recommendations, but lots of JEALOUSY!! Wow!! I'm so excited for you guys! Take tons of pictures!

Ashley said...

Cami!!! I love this blog thing. I'm so excited that I found you. :)