Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Soundtrack of China


Did you know that China has a soundtrack? Yep, it does. And do you know what that soundtrack is? Yep, it's Kenny G.

You know how in movies, the characters go around to all sorts of different places, but everywhere they go, the background music has the same sound -- because of course it was written by the same person for the movie's soundtrack. That's kind of how it is in China. Everywhere we go -- hotels, restaurants, even in people's cars, we hear Kenny G. It's like the Communist government wants to make us feel like we're living a movie here in China -- except then the movie that we're living starts to feel like the Truman Show because everywhere we go the music is the same. It's kind of creepy!

I guess really, though, it's just that people in China really like Kenny G. I wonder if he realizes that. Probably, because I'll bet with 1.3 billion people listening, he's making bank here!

4 comments:

Helen said...

You can hear another soundtrack is Richard Glayderman.He was very famous in China,too.
cami, where're you?have you gone to any other cities?

Unknown said...

C'mon...who doesn't like Kenny G? A little elevator music always keeps the piece... :)

Unknown said...

I mean peace.....hehehehehe...

Cambria said...

Helen-
Right now we are in Sugian, where we've been teaching for 2 weeks. We will leave tomorrow for Shanghai, and then on Sunday we are flying to America. We will miss China and all of the people we have met here!