Sunday, November 23, 2008

Things I'm Thankful For

One thing I've been working on lately is being more positive with myself and with others. I truly believe that gratitude is a major antidote for all sorts of problems (real and imagined), and so I've been trying to put that into practice in my life. And, with Thanksgiving coming up this week, I think it is especially apt to make a brief list of things that I am grateful for:

  • I'm thankful for having an internship/job where I get to work at something that is both challenging and fulfilling. I'm also thankful that I can go play in kindergarten pretty much whenever I want.

  • I'm thankful to live on the fifth floor of our apartment building, and the lovely view from our living room windows -- particularly of the sunrise each morning.

  • I'm thankful that we upgraded from the crappy Stanford issue mattress that we started with, to a newer, more comfy mattress.

  • I'm thankful for the Stanford campus -- there's lots of open space to go walking and running.

  • I'm thankful that our gas bills have gone down since my commute is only 10 minutes every morning.

  • I'm thankful that my family is coming to visit for Thanksgiving this year!

  • I'm thankful for the Milk Pail and the Dish.

  • I'm very, very, very, very, very thankful for an amazingly patient and loving husband who works so hard at whatever he does (including making me happy!)

  • I'm thankful for God's love, and the perspective that His love gives me on life and its challenges.

That's the short list, maybe I'll add more this week. I will add that I'm also thankful for you, because if you are reading this that means you are someone who cares about me and who likely has had an influence for good in my life. So, thanks!

2 comments:

Chiko said...

Cami, I am so happy because you seem very happy;) Your comments make me think what things I'm thankful for... Have a great time with your family on Thanksgiving day!! Lucky YOU!! Hope to talk to you soon, LOVE.

Helen said...

Thansgiving was passed.Christmas will coming.Merry Christmas:)
from helen