Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!


Happy new year everyone and welcome back from all your holiday festivities! We had a great holiday break -- visiting families, sleeping in, and eating way too much. It was so fun to have all of my family together in Ephraim for Christmas, including the soon-to-be new sister-in-law as well as the adorable baby grandchild/nephew. We also got to have all of Jon's family (minus Kate the missionary) together for a brief gathering, followed by a few of us spending the week at his parents' in Richfield. In addition, we got to see some beloved friends from high school, college, Upward Bound, and Colorado. All in all, I was reminded how blessed we are to have such wonderful family, and have a new year's resolution to appreciate them more.
Now, I'm trying to get back into the routine of things -- I always look forward to having a routine again when I'm on vacation, but then dread getting out of bed each day when I'm not! But it is nice to come back and have a fresh start, and I am looking forward to doing lots of new things in my internship as I continue to round out my experience and figure out how to really be a school psychologist. Jon's started back up into a new quarter, and has already begun the rigor of late nights translating Chinese texts (now, doesn't that sound like something that would keep you up at nights?!)
I hope that everyone is having a wonderful start to the new year, and that you are still keeping up with your new year's resolutions!

No comments: