Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Despite what you hear ... the rumors are true.

I've heard there's a rumor circulating about that I'm turning 30 today. I can't imagine where that would have come from, given the fact that I know that Jon turned 28 last month and I am determined that you are only as old as your spouse. Therefore, ...

Oh, okay, I'll confess - the rumors are true and I am 30'd. In all truth, I'm not feeling all that bad about admitting my age right now. I know that I dreaded 25, because it seemed so old, but really when I look back 25-30 have been the best years yet. I'm going to take that as a good omen for those "milestone" years. Everything I hear is that 30 is great. "You're in your prime," someone told me today.

So, bring it on ... I am welcoming 30 with open arms, and can't wait to see what the next decade has in store!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!

I showed Elijah and Sam the pictures of your darling little boy. They were excited to see them (and you). We've even been pointing out where you live on our map. Needless to say we think of you guys and miss you.

Matthew -n- Erica said...

Happy Birthday! I turn 29 on Sunday-so you aren't old at all! And Matthew isn't even 28 yet. Almost! Have a good one!

chrisyhains said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chrisyhains said...

Great attitude! I, for one, like being 30. I don't feel like we're old yet... but it's strange to think that 40 (aka "over the hill") is just a decade away!