Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Happy Post-Valentine's Day
We're usually not ones to make a big fuss out of Valentine's Day, but I'm realizing that one of the joys of having children is that holidays that have become boring are suddenly infused with new fun. We started out our V-Day with red oatmeal for breakfast (note: After consistently being subjected to the questionable look of green pancakes for St. Patty's Day as a kid I always swore that I wouldn't subject my kids to the food coloring dyed holiday foods, but yet again I realize that I'm becoming my mother...)
That followed with an art project involving colored pudding (yes, food coloring again) and a giant V-Day card for Jon.

And our day finished off with a mommy-daddy dinner (traditional Abraham Lincoln style), with a new and improved white almond cake for dessert ... yum! (not to mention the gourmet dark chocolates that were my V-Day gift :)
All in all, I'd say it was one of my best Valentine's Days yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I seriously cannot stop laughing at the second to last picture. His face is priceless!!!
How's it going lady? Your little guy is so cute, and big!! Jamison is still staying around the 18lb mark, so he is tiny. I wished you lived closer. Is there surfing near your place? We could come visit this summer!
Post a Comment