- Having my sister come to visit and enjoying some good, old-fashioned girl time with her (meaning we ate way too much sugary stuff, and watched several chick flicks!)
- Finishing work!! I'm saying goodbye to high school, and moving back to elementary school next year, which is a welcome change (though I will miss some of the cute teenage drama :)
- Jon passed his oral exams, which is a huge milestone and a huge testament to Jon's amazing work ethic! Now we just need to put that to work on his dissertation.
- A wonderful goodbye Chinese dinner to thank good friends who treat us like family.
- A great lunch with James' two second mothers who have been the best baby-sitting duo we could possibly ask for. We really lucked out this year with our babysitter for James while I work. Not only has she become a beloved friend, she also enlisted the help of a young woman who we're going to keep on as our sitter/nanny for next year.
- A beautiful 9 mile run that felt great. I did 12 miles last week, tapered to 9 this week, and I'm feeling pretty good about my upcoming half marathon next week!
- Moving apartments and unpacking the new apartment sufficient for our summer subletters. Okay, this one requires some stories. Best part (that's sarcastic ... and foreshadowing) was when we found out the movers were showing up 3 hours late, and I ended up with a poopy diaper and no available diapers except the ones that had just been packed at the very back of the moving truck, making them the last things to be unpacked. The next two hours consisted of trying to entertain and console a naked baby, up past his bedtime, and quarantined in the bathroom for most of the time after he pooped and peed on the carpet ... needless to say, neither he nor I were feeling very good about life right about then!
- One very long drive across Nevada, with said baby who had been up about 4 hours past his bedtime the night before. (To give him credit, though, he was a total trooper, and I have to say that Baby Signing Time is pretty much the best thing ever, even if the songs get stuck in your head.)
Sunday, June 19, 2011
We made it!!!
Whew! It has been a whirlwind of a week, but we rolled into Utah about 11:00 last night to stay for the summer. Highlights of the last week included:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you guys made it OK! If you're ever in the Salt Lake area, have Jon get in touch with Alex. I know Alex (and the rest of us) would like to see you guys.
Cami, am I clueless? I had no clue you were a teacher--or are you? Hehe. What do you teach?
No, Whit, you're not clueless. I work in schools, but I'm not a teacher. I'm a school psychologist, which means I get to have an academic work year, but am not tied to a classroom -- best of both worlds, in my opinion! :)
Post a Comment