Sunday, May 27, 2012

Getting there

I'm nearing the end of that marathon again - the one that comes at the end of every school year. This one has been a doozy, I tell you, with all sorts of uphill climbs that I wasn't planning on (those elementary school kids sure do keep you on your toes). But, two weeks left, and summer can't come soon enough.

I've put up a new quote on my chalkboard wall that's helping me get through. It's one I came across from Pres. Uchtdorf recently, and even though it's simple, every day it's helping me keep things in perspective, remember what really matters, and feel reassured that it's all going to work out.

"What mattered to Heavenly Father was that I was doing the best I could, 
that my heart was inclined toward him, 
and that I was willing to help those around me. 

I knew if I did the best I could all would be well. 

And all was well."
(for the full talk, "You Matter to Him," link here)

2 comments:

Marisa said...

TWO MORE WEEKS! That just seems cruel. Hang in there.

Cindy Lou said...

What a great quote. . .from a handsome (and inspired) man :).