Sunday, August 26, 2007

Summer's ending






Sigh... The time has come, I'm loathe to admit, that summer is over and we have to return to the grind of school. This coming semester promises to be one of my most hectic and thus challenging, but with faith (and a little bit of blind luck) I'm hoping everything will come together -- and then, I'm glad to say, this graduate school thing is all downhill from there (for me at least).


I will be taking 3 classes, which doesn't sound like much until you realize that it means traveling the lonely road to Greeley 4 days a week. Ah well, as Aretha reminds me often -- I will survive! My books on CD are really my sanity, so if anyone has any suggestions of good ones (meaning ones that are exciting enough to keep me awake) to listen to, please please please let me know.

As far as the summer's summary -- we were able to enjoy several trips and family visits during August. The Averett's got together at Vail for a few days of family fun. It was great to meet in the middle (and even better for us that the middle happened to be in Colorado!), and we were all thrilled to find out that the Averett's are finally going to have a new grandchild to enjoy. (That would be my older brother and wife. They've been so good as to take the brunt of the pressure for grandkids -- I guess that means that we only have a few months before it moves to us ... uh-oh!)




The next week we headed out for the Felt/Peay family gathering near Island Park, ID. On the way we stopped and visited Martin's Cove (see Jon walking the pioneer trail), which was a neat experience. It reminded us how grateful we are for our pioneer ancestors (and how glad we are that we don't have to walk through Wyoming). In Idaho, we stayed at a fun cabin with Jon's aunts, uncles, and cousins for a few days, and enjoyed ourselves visiting, playing games, and checking out the scenery. (My favorite was the swan family in the nearby lake -- I'll post pictures soon, they were gorgeous!)

To top it off Jon and I celebrated our two-year wedding anniversary this month. Wow! Time sure does fly -- we can't really pull out that "newlywed card" anymore, can we? I'll try to avoid any cheesy sentiments, since I know that's not what you're all here for, but I'll just say that it only gets better with time (so far, at least...)!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Yeah! Welcome to blogland... it is a great way to keep in touch. Look forward to your posts. xoxo